Main » 2009 » March » 19 » Ten Bright Ideas to Freshen Up and Maintain Your Web Site for 2009
Ten Bright Ideas to Freshen Up and Maintain Your Web Site for 2009
As another calendar year passes by, it’s time to look around your site
and clean out the cobwebs. Here’s a list of maintenance items to think
about from monkeycmedia.com:
1. Don’t let your URL expire, make sure you know when to renew your account. Not sure? Look it up here: www.whois.net
2. Is your copyright up-to-date? People will often see if your site
is updated and current by checking your copyright date. If your stuck
back in 2004, your audience may wonder if you are still in business.
Your audience will take you as serious as you take yourself.
3. Are you blogging? Make the commitment. Once a week is enough to make a world of marketing difference.
4. Bad Links: dead-links.com; not only do bad links annoy your
readers, but they stop the search engine crawlers dead in their
tracks—when a crawler hits a bad link they back out of your site on
5. Add new images: iStock.com is a great source for inexpensive images.
6. Change your colors seasonally – don’t let your site get stagnant.
7. Track your traffic to see where people are coming from, where
they land, what they do on your site and from which page do they leave.
8. Offer monthly coupons that can be downloaded from your web site (notify your audience through your newsletter)
9. Update your media page – do you need a new author head shot? Is your one-sheet up-to-date?
10. Create an author interview video for your web site—video is a
powerful way to extend your reach and touch your readers profoundly.
11. Join FaceBook, Digg.com and Linked-In – all great ways to network and increase your visibility.