This appeared on the social networking blog mashable.com the day before yesterday. The 10 ways:
1. Twittering headlines
2. Buying social media networks outright (mentions Gannett and Ripple6)
3. Creating online forums to attract readers
Amassing and monetizing user-generated content (Cincinnati Inquirer
created a photo-sharing site and sells the top photos as books)
5. Story-based communities. People talk online about news events
6. Collaborative outsourced news sources.
7. Customized delivery: "Denver-based MediaNews Group,
publisher of such major dailies as the Denver Post and Oakland Tribune,
has announced plans to test a “customized news delivery service called
‘I-News’ or ‘Individuated News” which would allow subscribers to choose their news from various parts of the country and on various topics.
8. Branded communities. St. Louis P
Read more »